Tuesday, November 8, 2011

ACCEPTANCE

Here am I, new country, new school,
Eyeing everything and not trying to look the fool.
Rass, backside, chicken foot, whuh, nawh,
Stupsin’ teeth, yatin’ boots, eih bwoy. Oh Boy!

Pardon me, if you please, would you mind awfully.
Excuse me! Excuse me!
Girl is whah yuh wan?
Confused! Confused! Didn’t understand her. Smile. Look friendly. Swallow the fear.
Why am I here?

Oh yes. Focus, focus.
Party tonight! Party tonight?
Bottom House Party Tonight!
Mad max, dub music, malta, shandy, banks beer,
Women in curlers, girls in short skirts, men in string vests, boys in sweat shorts
Oh why am I here?

Home time! Dirk bikes, big bens, mountain bikes. Tow bars!
Dogs barking! Chasing! Ride! Ride! Ride!
Home finally, open gate quietly, a whispered “ah like yuh”, “I like you too”,
Quick peck, heart racing, eyes dancing, head swooning
Off to bed, quiet smile there.
Ohh, I really don’t mind being here.

Rene X

3 comments:

  1. I was reading advice on blogging only today, and it said keep it short (500 words) and post at least four times a week, it also said "do what you're comfortable with"! Have fun!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete